When it comes to wedding catering, price is often a deciding factor for couples. After all, most people want to stick to a wedding budget when planning their big day. But what exactly goes into the cost of hiring a caterer? What sets prices apart from one company to another?
Many things can affect the price of catering a wedding. The type of food you choose, for example, will impact the overall cost. If you want something luxurious and exotic, your caterer will likely charge more than if you go with a more traditional menu.
Labor costs also play a role in pricing. If your event is large and requires extra staff members, the cost will be higher than the cost of a small wedding. The professional wedding caterers at Kafe 421 share everything you need to know about wedding catering costs in St. Paul, Minnesota, and surrounding areas.
What Is Included in a Wedding Catering Package?
Wedding catering packages can include food, drinks, service, and staff. However, each caterer may package their services differently, so it’s important to read the fine print before you commit to a venue.
Here are some things you can typically expect in a wedding catering package:
- Food: Wedding catering packages can include a variety of dishes from appetizers to desserts. Be sure to ask your caterer about the menu before you sign up so you know exactly what you’re ordering.
- Drinks: Besides serving beer, wine, and champagne during the reception, many wedding catering packages can include non-alcoholic drinks like iced tea and lemonade.
- Service: A professional full-service caterer will handle all of the food services at your wedding from setting the tables to cleaning up. The caterers will also deliver food to guests’ tables and ensure they have everything they need to enjoy themselves.
- Rentals: If you need any rentals for your reception such as plates, silverware or goblets, your caterer may include them in their wedding package. Be sure to ask about rentals before you commit to a package.
What Are the Different Ways to Serve Reception Food?
There are three main service styles to serve wedding reception food: buffet-style, stationed appetizers, and plated service.
- Buffet Style: Buffet style is the most popular way to serve wedding food. Wedding guests can help themselves to as much or as little food as they want, and it’s a great way to accommodate guests with different dietary restrictions and food intolerances.
- Stationed Appetizers: Stationed appetizers is a similar service style to buffet style but include a plethora of appetizers beautifully arranged on a main serving table. Guests can walk up and select just what they want.
- Plated Service: Plated meals are the most formal way to serve wedding food. Each guest is served a plate of food by a server, which can be a great option for parties that want a more elegant reception.
What Is the Average Wedding Catering Cost Per Person?
According to The Knot, the national average cost of wedding catering is $70 per person. This includes the cost of food, drink, and labor. However, prices can vary greatly depending on the types of foods you select, the number of guests you invite, and the level of service you require.
What Other Questions Should I Ask a Wedding Caterer Before Hiring?
A wedding is a big investment, so it’s important to ask many questions before hiring a caterer. Here are some things you should definitely ask:
What is included in your catering package?
What type of service styles do you offer?
Are there chefs onsite and interactive food stations?
Do you provide rentals? If so, what items do you have available?
How much is your catering fee and minimum guest count?
How far in advance do I need to book your services?
What is your cancellation policy?
What type of payment do you accept?
What service fees do you charge, and are there any additional costs I should be aware of?
What is the minimum order requirement?
Are you licensed and insured?
Cater Your Wedding with Kafe 421
Partnering with a reputable, experienced, and affordable wedding caterer in St. Paul, MN, and surrounding areas for your big day is essential. You want to make sure your guests are well taken care of and that the food is nothing less than exceptional. At Kafe 421, we pride ourselves on providing top-notch catering services for weddings of all sizes.
Our wedding catering packages include a wide variety of menu options, from appetizers to desserts, and we can accommodate any dietary restrictions as needed. We also offer various styles of food service options from buffet-style to plated service, so you can choose the option that best suits your needs. If you need rentals, we’re there for you too. We can provide you with plates, silverware, goblets and more!
Inquire with us today to learn more about our wedding catering packages and schedule a tasting. We look forward to helping you make your wedding a day you’ll cherish forever!